Monday, July 9, 2012

Israel's Disobedience - Judges 2:6 - 3:6

Israel's Disobedience - Judges 2:6 - 3:6

"...another generation grew up, who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel."

In a short while the 2012 Summer Olympics will begin, and we'll probably find ourselves watching some gymnastics, swimming, or relay races before the summer is over.

I'm told that relay races are won or lost in the seconds during which the baton is passed from one runner to the next.  It is a thing of beauty when the baton is cleanly passed and the next runner takes her leg of the race.  But a misstep, a slip of the hand, or a fumble of the baton can spell complete disaster.

It's been said that every local church is just one generation away from extinction... or one failed baton-pass away from losing the next generation.

One of our vital tasks as Christians is to do whatever we can to invest in the next generation... to raise our children to believe in Jesus who died for them, and to help our grandchildren to make good decisions and to follow God.  Whether or not you have children, you have a responsibility to help pass the message along to the next generation, so that they do not forget the Lord or what he has done for them.

How can you invest in the life of a child today?

Tho' I forget Him and wander away,
Still He doth love me wherever I stray.
Back to His dear, loving arms would I flee
When I remember that Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me, Jesus love me!
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves even me!
                         - Philip P. Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment